BANNED from Microsoft App Store with Offensive Content

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 pm

We are sorry for any inconvenience but Microsoft has decided to unpublish "Official Police Scanner Radio" due to Offensive Content as defined by their policy,

11.5 Offensive Content
Your app and associated metadata must not contain potentially sensitive or offensive content. Content may be considered sensitive or offensive in certain countries/regions because of local laws or cultural norms. In addition, your app and associated metadata must not contain content that advocates discrimination, hatred, or violence based on considerations of race, ethnicity, national origin, language, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or membership in any other social group.

We are working with Microsoft to identify what they find offensive.

It seems to have something to do with our app's screenshot and in-app graphics. We are guessing that they do not like a Police line as this might be too much for people to take in this political climate.

Odd since they have no problem having apps like Grand Theft Auto on their app store. Nothing offensive in there I guess.
Wide310x150Logo.scale-200.png
Wide310x150Logo.scale-200.png (97.11 KiB) Viewed 74730 times
grunge.jpg
grunge.jpg (64.42 KiB) Viewed 74730 times

homerboy

Re: BANNED from Microsoft App Store with Offensive Content

Post by homerboy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:42 pm

omg this is ridiculous. Does it have to do with this illegal immigrant caravan horde about to enter the US?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:00 am

ok Making progress. Looks like its one of the screenshots of a police news tweet where someone tweeted 'f' the police'

Trying to get Microsoft to actually tell us where exactly the problem is is brutal. Last email they said

'Some of the screenshots contain content which has profanity and may be considered offensive to police officers'

So finally I was able to figure out its not the Police line image. So from that I figured it had to be the Twitter Police News Feed images.
OPSR-desktop-pic2v1.4.jpg
OPSR-desktop-pic2v1.4.jpg (148.88 KiB) Viewed 74714 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:38 pm

New version 1.4.5 has now been approved. Will appear on the store shortly.

We've changed the Twitter News search to improve the search and filter profanity.

Kellystoni

Post by Kellystoni » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm

I consider, that you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Herbertsticy

Post by Herbertsticy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:36 pm

I am assured, what is it — a false way.